- Super Smash Bros. is released for the Nintendo 64.
- Final Fantasy VIII is released in Japan for the PlayStation.
- Farscape begins its four-season run on Nine Network and the Sci-Fi Channel.
- Agent Sunshine is murdered by the DIS.
- The events of the Reorganisation begin to pick up momentum.
- The Reorganisation continues.
- The Mysterious Somebody is ousted along with the Bindweed, the Gladiolus, and the Marigold.
- The Queen Anne's Lace, Otik Horak and the Hippie Sequoia all become department or division heads to replace exiled Flowers.
- The DIS attempt to murder Dassie Hyrax, leading to the death of Emily Newton. Eventually, full-scale civil war breaks out and the DIS are driven out of HQ.
- The Disentangler, left for dead by Twp'atwt, regenerates a second time, as does the Agent, who is fatally injured fighting the DIS.
- The Board of Department Heads, Department of Internal Affairs, Department of External Security and Department of Internal Operations are all formed in the aftermath.
- The survivors of the DIS form the Black Cats; Tango Dioxide spies on them, while Dassie Hyrax and Nyx Nightingale flee HQ to avoid persecution from fellow agents.
- The Tomb of the Unknown PPC Agent is constructed from the remains of DIS Central.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is published.
- The manga Naruto begins its original run in Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine.
- The West Wing begins its seven-season run on NBC.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning is published.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.