As of April 18, 2009, Neshomeh is a college graduate with her BA in English. She got engaged to Phobos on the same day, and two years later, on August 6, 2011, she married him, making them the second wedded Boarder couple. (The first, of course, was Huinesoron and Kaitlyn.)
She likes pretty much everything to do with language and stories, including reading, writing, and role-playing. She wants to write fantasy and science fiction books, if she can ever get her ideas to set long enough to form a coherent plot. She also likes tea, chocolate, and cats.
Neshomeh has been a member of the PPC since mid-2003 and a Permission Giver since May 19, 2008. Although she is usually to be found on the Board, she writes sporadically at best, often falling into long periods of inactivity due to Real Life. She is trying to improve her writing habits.
Most of her work can be found at Neshomeh's Archive. She is responsible for: Nurse Jennifer Robinson and her adopted son Henry, Nurse Mirrad, and much of the Department of Fictional Psychology; DIC Agents Supernumerary and Ilraen-Aroline-Fothergill, who operate out of RC 999; and DMS Agents Derik and Gall, who operate out of RC 1110.
She's technically responsible for Agent Cameo, too, and used to write for Earwig when he was Derik's partner. Cameo has been MIA since 2006 and Earwig has been handed back to Phobos, who came up with him in the first place.
- Main article: Neshomeh (agent)
Agent Neshomeh is similar but not equal to Boarder Neshomeh. She appeared in one mission and cameo'd in the mass exorcism of Alumia as an agent in the Department of Mary Sues, but has since relocated to the Department of Personnel to be an Archivist. She is brown-eyed, brown-haired, bespectacled, and long-limbed. She tends to wear jeans and a t-shirt when it's warm or jeans and a soft, fuzzy sweater when it's cold. She is often seen with a mug of tea in hand.
She is owned by a mini-Budong called Chrichton. Since he is the result of a persistent misspelling in her own early fic, she will probably never get rid of him. Fortunately, he now has a companion in a tiny version of Aeryn Sun, one of the "Austrailiens" spawned in "Secret Agents" and rescued by Ilraen.
Neshomeh is especially fond of and functionally (*) to thoroughly (***) knowledgeable about these continua:
She may be particularly willing to write or beta missions in these continua, especially if her favorite characters are involved.
Neshomeh is a Big Sib in House Darjeeling. She is also one of the founding members of said house. As such, she is available to mentor newbies who are interested in really delving into the details of the PPC setting and its real-world history, traditions, etc. Her actual memory can be pretty spotty, but she makes up for it by treating the wiki and the Internet in general as an extension of her brain. If she doesn't already know right where to find something, she's pretty good at tracking it down.
Neshomeh is willing to beta-read any type of mission in any of the continua listed above, and then some. If you're not sure, just ask.
Should you wish to request her services, there are a few things she would like you to know ahead of time:
- Neshomeh takes time to
procrastinateread, correct, get distracted by other thingsre-read, and double-check any story, so if you're in a hurry, she's probably not the one you want. Expect the average mission to take at least a week to get back to you; more if it's longer or particularly in need of help. And then she'll want to check the re-write, too.
- Don't be afraid to poke her if she's
being a terrible persontaking longer than expected without giving a good reason for it. If you don't appear to care, she won't, either.
- Don't be afraid to poke her if she's
- When beta-reading a mission in Google Drive, Neshomeh prefers to be the only person working on it until she's done. She finds it impossible to work if changes are being made while she's trying to get a coherent idea of what's working and where the problems are. (Using other betas before or after she has her go is good, though!)
- Neshomeh is a nit-picker. Expect her to focus on any issues with SPaG, word choice, paragraphing, and other little things first. Big-picture matters like plot, characterization, and pacing will be addressed when her eye is not distracted by the mechanics.
- Perhaps most important, Neshomeh does not ask rhetorical questions when beta-reading. If she leaves a question in the margins, it means that something didn't make sense and needs to be addressed in the re-write. Also, the presence of humor or snark does not indicate the absence of a serious point. Non-serious comments will be clearly marked as such.
Neshomeh has appeared in a few OFUs, including "The Hogwarts Fanfiction Academy" and "In the Keeping of HFA" (in which she is an Order of the Sphinx member), "The Alchemists' Fanfiction Academy," and "The Official PhanPhiction Academy." She did some beta-reading for the latter two, though not from the beginning.
In addition to writing and beta-reading, Neshomeh draws pictures. Her work can be found at her deviantART account. She also dabbles in graphic design and photography.
Generally speaking, it is easy to get Neshomeh's attention, should you want it. She's open to everything from questions to concerns to complaints to just nattering on. Here are some options:
The Board: Just page her in a post.
E-mail: neshomeh.soul (AT) gmail (DOT) com
If none of the above get results within a day or two, she is probably busy and/or unable to get online.
- AO3 account - since 2017
- Fanfiction.net account - since 2002
- Fictionpress.com account - since 2002
- NaNoWriMo profile - haha, what?
- "The Alchemists' Fanfiction Academy" (was a beta-reader)
- "The Good Omens Fanfiction Summer School" (drew the mini-Hellpuppy)
- "The Hogwarts Fanfiction Academy" (appears as a student)
- "In the Keeping of HFA" (appears as one of the Order of the Sphinx)
- "The Official PhanPhiction Academy" (was a beta-reader)
Stuff Neshomeh Likes
- ... and thinks you should like, too!
- Adagio Teas
- The Channel Awesome diaspora; not so much Channel Awesome itself anymore
- Flight Rising (dragons!)
- National Novel Writing Month
- Neshomeh's Fanfic Recommendations
- Neshomeh's PPC Spin-off Recommendations
- Savory Spice Shop
- w3schools.com (for help with HTML, CSS, etc.)
- "Word Crimes" by "Weird Al" Yankovic
- Top webcomics: