A bit taller than his former partner, the Librarian usually wears a brown trench coat over a formal black suit (leather gloves included). He hides his face with a hood sewn to his coat. He is known to carry a large tablet computer around.
The Librarian used to be a jerk. He had a haughty streak a mile wide and a bad case of Time Lord superiority complex. His social skills are scraping rock-bottom, too. He had an unhealthy obsession with an Osirian pun, hinted to be a way to cope with the reason ran away from Gallifrey — something happened to one of his dear friends that left him disfigured and in a coma.
Then the Aviator solved the Riddle. The Librarian is now a lost man, unsure of his place and purpose in the world.
He also served as the Jade Warden on the Continuity Council of Gallifrey-in-Exile.
In March 2017, the Librarian retired to his home canon.
First appearing in Ten Years Hence story, the second Librarian looks like a nineteen-years-old girl. She's short, petite and sports a long braid. She still retains her previous incarnation's fondness of longcoats, but has exchanged the well-made, hooded one for a certain brown shabby one.
Quiet, formal and still unable to use contractions, this version of the Librarian does have a silly streak and a penchant for nicknaming. She is a caring parent — if a little too worrisome — and loves her husband very much. She seems to share Des' love of tea.
Partnered with DesdendelleEdit
- Mission 1: "Of Course I still Love You" (Forgotten Realms, February 2013)
- Interlude 1: "Beats Working" (sometime during 2013 HST), with agents Doc, Vania and Library (DF).
- In which the Librarian becomes a literal floater.
- Interlude 2: "Fate Amenable to Change" (May 2015, HST)
- In which Des and the Librarian get a special guest.
- Mission 2: "Misophist" (Doctor Who x Harry Potter, about a week after "Fate Amenable to Change")
- Mission 3: "Screw Loose" (PPC badfic)
- In which the Librarian is temporarily partnered with Rina to take down shipped versions of themselves.
- Original fic not available online.
- Mission 4: "So Much for Subtlety" (Harry Potter)
- Appears in "Continuity: Gallifrey Shrinks".
- Mission 5: "Little Rascal" (Harry Potter x Thunderbirds)
- Appears in Interlude 3: "Happy Idiot Talk"
- In which Des meets Dawn and silliness ensues. The Librarian is Not Amused.
- Mission 6: "Arbitrary" (Star Wars x Avatar: The Last Airbender)
- The fic is arbitrary, the rest is not.
- Original fic: Star Wars: The Avatar Version by Brandon Burns.
- Interlude 4: "Well, I Was in the Neighbourhood"
- Des and the Librarian get another guest. Gems, tea, and origin stories ensue.
- Interlude 5: "Long View"
- Mission 7: "Prosthetic Conscience"
- Anybody in need of one? Des thinks the Librarian definitely needs one.
- Original fic: "A Disturbance in the Force, by Arctic Marauder
- Interlude 6: "Grey Area"
- A mission goes awry and the Librarian is captured by a Stu.
- Interlude 7: "Lasting Damage II"
- The aftermath of "Grey Area" is explored.
- Mission 8: "Prime Mover", with Agents Reader and Kozar .
- Despite being teamed up with the Reader, the mission does not go well for the Librarian.
- Original fic: "Star Trek: Refuges", by shaperlord67.
- Mission 9: "Irregular Apocalypse", with Agent Aviator
- Des and the Librarian are made probation officers, much to the latter's chagrin.
- Original fic: "Bloody Tears", by Saturn-hime.
- Interlude 8: "Excuses and Accusations", with the Aviator and the Reader
- The Librarian's obsession with the Osirians' Riddle comes to a head. The results aren't pretty.
- Mission 10: "No More Mr Nice Guy, with the Aviator
- The Librarian has to take on a mission with the Aviator and without Des to mind him. It goes very well indeed.
- Original fic: "A Treasured Discovery", by LizzeXX.
- Interlude 9: "You'll Thank Me Later", with the Aviator
- The Aviator drops in to check on the Librarian and an uneasy agreement is reached.
- Interlude 10: "Gallifrey Anticipated", with the Reader
- In which two friends discuss their futures.
- Mission 11: "Shoot Them Later", with the Aviator
- In which the Librarian, Des and the Aviator tackle a torturer!replacement of Harry Potter.
- Original fic: "Star Class", by Myrddin le Fay. NSFW.
- Interlude 11: "Peace Makes Plenty", with the Aviator
- In which the Librarian meets the Aviator in Rudi's and talks about his home.
- Mission 12: "Thank You and Goodnight"
- Interlude 12: "Sweet and Full of Grace", with the Guardsman and Terabyte
- No, the Librarian doesn't particularly like the Guardsman either.
- Interlude 13: "I Thought He Was With You", with Zeb
- The Librarian gets some "quality time" with Zeb.
- Mentioned in Interlude 14: "Exacting Perfection", with Kozar and the Reader
- The Reader reads the retired Librarian's most recent message and attempts to make Naya a gift.
- TYH: Tales of Regeneration
- The year is 2025. The Reader has regenerated and is on a quest to get rid of some painful jewellery.
- Appears in Never Falls Far
- The year is 2034. Elanor comes back home from the Academy and proceeds to get into trouble.