Terri is a young woman with black skin and hair to match, usually tied up in a severe bun.  Given that she most often wears a PPC uniform – black – she has been known to become completely invisible when in the more shadowed parts of the Archives. Even on the rare occasion she lets her hair down (literally and metaphorically), she tends to stick to the black theme.
In 2006, someone claiming to be Terri appeared on Page Three of the tenth issue of the Multiverse Monitor. The girl appearing in the paper had fair skin and was described as being in the Department of Intelligence; the photo was later darkened and the department changed to Personnel. All this is typical of the Monitor's truth-averse editorial policies.
Terri is a rather hassled person, and tends to be quite scathing in response. She isn't often seen smiling, though she has been known to get quite excited when writing essays or discussing paperwork (especially with the Notary). When attending social gatherings, she makes it clear she is doing so grudgingly.
Despite this, she has had several romantic relationships: she spent about half a year with Narto Telyan between the Crashing Down crisis and his disappearance, and had several girlfriends in the years that followed. None of her known relationships seem to have been very successful, and it is possible she is still caught up on an earlier "one who got away".
Terri has been employed by the PPC since at least 2000, when she demonstrated the Department of Personnel's trademark obstructionism to the Lichen. A few years later, she was assigned to DOGA early in the department's history, but not before Dafydd Illian had already made a nightmarish mess of the archives. She was requested after DOGA received its third agent; given Takua's recruitment date this must have been Agent Huinesoron.
Terri mostly kept her head down and stayed in the DOGA Archives. She had a certain amount of interaction with Narto Telyan, and even got into a romantic relationship with him, though due to some timey-wimey shenanigans by Lou, it is unclear how much of their relationship actually happened, and how much is just memories - if there is even a difference.
Over the years, Terri has gotten involved in a few PPC publications. Her contribution to the (second) Multiverse Monitor was involuntary, but she wrote an essay for the third incarnation and provided a walking tour to the PPC Agent's Guide to La Calédonie. For reasons unknown, she also occasionally receives random mission reports, which she amuses herself by reviewing.
In 2013, she was recorded as being part of the "R&R Division" of Personnel; this division is otherwise unknown, but possibly replicates some of the functions of the Department of Author Correspondence.
- April 2004
- Assigned to the Department of Geographical Aberrations, to sort out the nightmare that was Dafydd Illian's filing system.
- Files and adds brief notes to most missions from DOGA.
- March 2005
- July 2006
- "Daughter of Darkness" - Has an abrasive encounter with Narto and Lou.
- "Winding Down" - Attends Dafydd and Constance's engagement party.
- "Puritans and Radicals" - Writes an essay on Dafydd's foibles.
- December 2006
- January 2007
- Narto mysteriously disappears from the PPC. Terri is distraught.
- September 2011
- March 2012
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #1 - Reviews "Suebusters: For Gondor and Rohan".
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #2 - Reviews "PPC Crusade".
- April 2012
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #3 - Reviews "Gaspard in Aperture".
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #4 - Reviews "City Escape".
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #5 - Reviews "A Very Awkward Exorcism".
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #6 - Reviews various AHAIRQL recruitment stories.
- April 2013
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #7 - Reviews "Interlude - The Mini-Mogget Adoption Agency".
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #8 - Reviews "An Unexpected Companion".
- May 2013
- "Multiverse Monitor", May 2013 - Writes an editorial on "Kill and Scram" for the magazine version of the Multiverse Monitor.
- July 2013
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #9 - Reviews "Rambling Band".
- May 2014
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #10 - Reviews "Legendary Illogic".
- September 2014
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #11 - Reviews "Arrow Through the Heart".
- December 2014
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #12 - Reviews "When Stus Stalk Sues".
- "Of Wolves and Fellowship" - Gives Agent Huinesoron his mission, and tidies up after him.
- February 2015
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #13 - Reviews "The Lost Land".
- February 2016
- "Terri Ryan Reviews" #14 - Reviews "Dundertale".
- September 2018
- "Talk Like 15 Pirates" - Talks like a pirate at other Infrastructure agents.
- July 2020
- March 2022
For a chronological list of all appearances and mentions, see #Timeline.
- Huinesoron's Webplex
- Terri's presence is notable throughout the Webplex, although stories with her in them are hard to find.
- "Newbies: Daughter of Darkness"
- First actual published appearance.
- "Winding Down"
- "Puritans and Radicals"
- Writes an essay on Dafydd Illian.
- "Newbies: Looking Back"
- Receives a visit from Agent Lou.
- From the Personal Files of Terri Ryan, Department of Personnel
- Terri's blog, in which she reviews mission reports and other records that mysteriously arrive on her desk.
- "Multiverse Monitor", May 2013
- Contributes an essay on "Kill and Scram".
- "Wanderer: Of Wolves and Fellowship"
- Chastises Agent Huinesoron.
- "Talk Like 15 Pirates"
- Talks like a pirate.
- "A PPC Agent's Guide to La Calédonie"
- Writes a walking tour of New Caledonia.
- "Shades of Black and Red", Chapter 1
- Mentioned as a Secretary Narto Telyan has a crush on.
- "Pistons of the Plot Continuum: Fortune"
- Mentioned as a heavily augmented archivist Narto is unconvinced about.
- "Daughter of Darkness" Huinesoron, 6 July 2007
- "Winding Down" by Huinesoron, 6 July 2013
- "Multiverse Monitor", Issue 10 by Starwind Rohana, December 2006
- "Puritans and Radicals" by Huinesoron, July 2006
- "Empire State of Mind" by Huinesoron, 22 October 2014
- "Newbies: Looking Back" by Huinesoron, 23 September 2011
- "Genesis" by Huinesoron, 12 September 2013
- "Pain and Regrets, Power and Battle" by Huinesoron, 6 September 2019
- "Woodsprite of the North" by Huinesoron, 1 January 2005
- "Multiverse Monitor", May 2013 by Lily Winterwood et al, May 2013
- "A PPC Agent's Guide to La Calédonie" by Huinesoron, 6 July 2020
- "From the Personal Files of Terri Ryan, Department of Personnel" by Huinesoron, 2012 onwards