- This article is about the Tangled Web story and event. It is possible you are looking for the Tangled Webs website, which was named after it.
The Tangled Web fiasco is an event mentioned in Jay and Acacia's seventeenth mission report, "Darkness Awakened." It refers to a megacrossover believed to be the series A Tangled Web by ordinaryguy2.
Dealing with the badfic involved most of the staff of the Department of Implausible Crossovers, a number the Sunflower Official stated to be "some dozen." (It is possible he was being facetious.) Jay and Acacia were transferred to the DIC to help manage its regular caseload in the meantime. The Lichen showed them the mission in progress to impress upon them the chaos a crossover can cause if it gets out of hand.
Canon characters observed by Jay and Acacia were:
- At least two incarnations of the Doctor
- "The ditz from Touched by an Angel"
- James Bond
- Characters from all the incarnations of Star Trek
A Tangled Web is an eight-part series originally written between 1997/1998 and December 31, 2014 per the latest update date on Part 8. Sometime between July 12, 2017 and October 30, 2018, the author took down the original stories and began replacing them with rewritten versions. The originals may still be accessed via the Wayback Machine:
- A Tangled Web Pt 1: "A Slide In Time" (3 chapters)
- A Tangled Web Pt. 2: "What Would You Like On Your Coruscant?" (1 chapter)
- A Tangled Web Pt. 3: "When In Greece..." (10 chapters)
- A Tangled Web Pt. 4: "Family Ties" (9 chapters)
- A Tangled Web Pt. 5: "How Much Is Too Much?" (14 chapters)
- A Tangled Web VI: "Planet of the Borg Downunder" (10 chapters)
- A Tangled Web Part 7: "Borg On The Range" (10 chapters)
- A Tangled Web Part 8: "Endgame" (60 chapters)
- Discussion: "PPC deep lore: the 'Tangled Web' fiasco" begun by Neshomeh, August 25, 2021
- "Darkness Awakened" by Jay and Acacia, June 29, 2002
- A Tangled Web Part 8, Chapter 25 by ordinaryguy2, capture date April 17, 2012
- A Tangled Web Part 8, Chapter 60 (the final chapter) by ordinaryguy2, capture date September 28, 2015
- Compare his user profile on capture date July 12, 2017 vs. October 30, 2018