Muggle-use wands are wands designed to be used by students at the Hogwarts Fanfiction Academy, or non-magical agents on Potterverse missions. They were first presented to the students of HFA three days after Christmas during Ally White's year. They are constructed in the same way as regular wands, but they work due to a coating of Ipiopius, a fan creation that manifested as a type of mold the staff discovered lurking in HFA's plumbing. However, they only emitted sparks until chapter thirty-one, when they were upgraded with five dueling spells: Expelliarmus, Incendio, Stupefy, and Serpensortia from the books, and Flipendo, the Knockback Jinx from the Harry Potter video game series.
- The Hogwarts Fanfiction Academy by Meir Brin, Sep 26, 2002–Jul 17, 2003, Chapter 21: "In Which We Discover that HFA Isn't So Bad After All"
- — Chapter 22: "Fundamentals of Fluff and Other Stuff"
- — Chapter 31: "The Dueling Seminar and UnWanded Innuendo"
- "A Girl Out of Time" by Lily Winterwood, May 15, 2013. One of presumably numerous instances of agents using Muggle-use wands to cast the Memory Charm in lieu of using a neuralyzer.
- "Gestalt Therapy" by Neshomeh, Aug 31, 2009