Mini-rancor serve as guards for the instructors at the Star Wars Fanfiction Academy.
Rancors are bulky, dangerous carnivores, with adults reaching fifteen feet, and frequently growing much larger. They are bipedal, but also run on all fours. They hunt using the claws on their long arms, as well as a huge mouth filled with sharp teeth. Despite their beastly appearance, rancors are relatively intelligent, with some individuals even learning to read and write. They originated on the planet Dathomir, but have been introduced to several other planets in the Star Wars galaxies.
Most famously, a rancor was kept in a pit beneath Jabba the Hutt's palace in the original trilogy. Luke Skywalker fought and killed it during Return of the Jedi by trapping it under a heavy gate. Other Star Wars protagonists have had to battle rancors as well, including Revan and Galen Marek.
- Anikin (adopted by Agent Elena)
- Bob Fett (adopted by Agent Maria Nightingale)
- Butlar Swan (adopted by Boarder Elemarth)
- Chewy (adopted by Agents Dee and Milask)
- Darth Mull (adopted by Agents Alec Troven and Marc-C)
- Darth Tyrannus
- Dark Fader (adopted by Boarder Newmoon)
- Count Duko
- Hans Solo (spawned by the 1982 UK VHS release of A New Hope)
- Jenga (adopted by Boarder Hawkelf)
- Yody (adopted by Agent Dustin O'Grady)
- Obi Wan Kenobi
- Obi- Wan Kenobi
- Oby-wan (likes vodka; adopted by Agent Zera)
- Oby-Wan (adopted by Agent Irvine)
- Qui Gon Jinn
- Qui (mini-rancor young; adopted by Agent Kath)
- Nar Shadaa
- Tattoine (sheds sand)