An experiment is the process of setting up circumstances under which scientific facts can be observed or discovered. Usually an experiment is designed to test a hypothesis (otherwise known as "an educated guess").
At the PPC, most experiments center on Mary Sues. The Department of Mary Sue Experiments and Research conducts most experiments, but other agents of a scientific bent have been known to conduct other (often less formal) experiments.
DMSE&R Projects and TheoriesEdit
- Mary Sue Classifications: The taxonomy of the Mary Sue species.
- The Spectrum of Suvian Species was discovered by Lori Starrett and Bill Fallis on October 23, 2008 HST.
- Lori and Bill discovered that Mary Sues can be sorted by their glitter level.
- Following that discovery, the duo figured out how to decrease the level of glitter in Mary Sues on July 11, 2009 HST. (Lab report pending publication.)
- The Mary Sue genome was examined by Agents Cocoa and Powder Puff on May 6, 2010.
- The classification of Sues has begun in earnest with a discussion about Sue Latin Names.
- Research papers are also listed on The Complete List of PPC Fiction, Department of Mary Sue Experiments and Research.
Other Agents' ResearchEdit
- Agents Samuel and Katrina discover that a Mary Sue will react to sulphuric acid much like sugar in "On Sulphuric Acid and Mary-Sues."
- Agent Trojanhorse has done some research (link NSFW; bad slash, mpreg) on which amino acids Sues are made of and spent some time investigating quantum weather butterflies. She has not yet reached any firm conclusions.