The Corkscrew Cattail, a member of a species native to the Age of Edanna in the Mystverse, serves as the PPC's Field Coordinator. Essentially, it seems to be in charge of managing complex operations outside of HQ in case of problems that cannot simply be resolved from within. It is attached to the Department of Operations.
The Corkscrew Cattail is known to have been in its current position during the emergency-saturated year of 2008, since it was in charge of keeping track of all the TARDISes reporting to New Caledonia during the Macrovirus Epidemic (and was referred to as the "TARDIS coordinator"). It also worked with the Yertis (DIA, New Caledonia Division Head) and Captain Dandy (DES, Department Head) to put together the operation to clear the macroviruses from HQ using Mirror!Honesah and her force of controlled Daleks. The same force helped to combat the Mary Sue Invasion shortly thereafter, but it is unknown if the Corkscrew Cattail maintained its involvement at that point.
What it does when there isn't a PPC-wide emergency going on is not known.
- "Fighting Emotions" (Narnia), Agents Tawaki Penguin and Melpomene (DTO)
- The Corkscrew Cattail is first mentioned as the TARDIS coordinator, to whom the agents must report in New Caledonia upon receiving their TARDIS.
- "A Special Creature: The Pink Merdog" (Trauma Center), Agents July Flame and Library (DMS)
- The agents are assigned a TARDIS and told to report to the Corkscrew Cattail in New Caledonia.
- "A Very Wicky Problem" (Pride and Prejudice), Agents Moon Sonata, Maria Falcone, and Crispin Reed (DMS)
- Mentioned as the TARDIS coordinator; the agents are assigned a TARDIS and told to report to it in New Caledonia.
- "PPC-HQ, Nouvelle Calédonie" (interlude)
- With the Yertis and Captain Dandy, initiates the plan to free HQ of the macroviruses.