Captain Dandy was one of the first Flowers. He participated in the happenings on Origin, forming the Weeds, and following Makes-Things' initiation of the Cascade, took his group of Flowers off to explore the plothole network created thereby.
The Captain and his Weeds were heavily involved in the testing of plothole stabilisation and mapping technology, and he was the first Flower to travel through a plothole to another planet. When the Sunflower Official founded the Organisation, Captain Dandy was created a Deputy, in charge of the Department of Exploration.
Captain Dandy and the Tiger Lily were the first Flowers to encounter a Mary Sue, and the Captain was the first to engage in a direct mental assault on another creature. Following the Civil War, in which the Weeds formed a major part of HQ's defence, the Captain took personal responsibility for shutting down the final plothole between HQ and Origin.
When Makes-Things set off the Cascade, Captain Dandy and his Weeds left HQ to map the plothole network and try to limit its spread. They returned to Origin through the Cascade during the final evacuation to aid refugees and prevent the government from deploying a weapon known as a Taproot against the main evacuation effort. After Origin fell, the Weeds returned into the Cascade to prevent other worlds meeting the same fate.
Following the Reorganisation, Dandy's Weeds returned and were reorganised into the Department of External Security. They were tasked with protecting HQ from external attacks, taking over one third of the responsibilities of the former Department of Internal Security. They have performed this duty since, rarely being seen in Headquarters except in times of dire emergency; one such time was in 2006, during the attacks on the building, where the DES joined forces with the survivors of the Department of Internal Affairs to fight off the invaders.
- Crashing Down
- "Fifth Anniversary Celebration" (RP)
- 2008 Mary Sue Invasion, Part 1 - "Return to HQ" (RP)
- "Plotholes and Meatloaf and Angels, Oh My!"
- "Catastrophe Theory: Fine and Dandy" (AU)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Origins: Chapter 2" by Huinesoron, Aug 14, 2013
- ↑ "Origins: Chapter 3" by Huinesoron, Aug 14, 2013
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Origins: Chapter 4" by Huinesoron, Aug 14, 2013
- ↑ "Origins: Chapter 5" by Huinesoron, Aug 14, 2013
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Origins: Chapter 6" by Huinesoron, Aug 14, 2013
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 "Origins: Chapter 8" by Huinesoron, Aug 14, 2013